Lessons in love and life I learned by being with Parth Chaudhary:
1. Love is a commitment, not a feeling. There will be days when you don’t have a romantic bone in your body. There will be days when everything annoys the hell out of you. But through it all, if you are truly loving each other, all these things don’t matter. Because emotions are TEMPORARY, but your commitment to loving each other is lifelong.
2. A functional relationship will always foster a supportive environment. You may not always be on top of your game, but your partner understands this and allows you that space to make mistakes. They will be there to pick you up and dust you off on days you realize you have been less than perfect. Your partner would only want you to grow as a person. They can sometimes be snarky, but they will always be there for you. Sometimes not physically beside you, but watching along the sidelines, making sure you never feel alone. This goes both ways and you must also understand that there are days when your partner needs your presence and support more than ever.
3. Your relationship will crumble without TRUST and RESPECT. Let your partner explore the world with full confidence that they will come back to you. If you couldn’t bring yourself to trust them at that level, then you have no business being in that relationship. If you find yourselves fighting for whatever reason, try very hard not to insult or call each other names. Trust and respect are the two bricks of foundation you need to lay down before you can ever hope to build anything of significance.
4. Character is everything. Work on yourself and your ambitions. Work on the life that you hope to live. And love someone for what they are exactly, not for what you hope they could be. If you find yourself dreaming of a better version of your partner, then maybe you should set out to find a person who’s exactly like that to begin with.
5. Be in love with yourself first. Commit to self-improvement and know that you are always a work in progress. Eat well, stay hydrated, exercise regularly, sleep 8 hours a day. It’s easier to love someone when you’re healthy. Love yourself so much that you would never tolerate being disrespected. Set rules for yourself, know how much pain you would allow yourself to bear before saying you’ve had enough. Having said that, once you know your worth, the energies you would allow in your life are the ones that truly deserve to be there.
And I thank you. 😅